Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blog Reflection #9 - The Future of Libraries

I have to admit that I have mixed emotions about this being my last blog for this class. I have enjoyed it on the level of considering myself a writer. The saying says, "Writers write," and this blog challenges me to keep in practice. But the frustration that stems from "What do I say," and "How do I begin," is about to give me a break. I welcome the break. But deep down, I will miss the challenge.

Will I continue to blog on my own? Maybe... If this class parlays itself into a future employed in the librarian industry, then there's a good chance that blogging will play a part in it. As our week's readings pointed out, the internet, and the future of libraries are intertwined. The two factions have a symbiotic relationship, as opposed to a sometimes seemingly parasitic one. Internet technology will not kill the library. It will challenge it to grow and become more useful to a broader community. Because the internet is far from an infallible source of information, and some of our libraries could use a technology facelift.

Thank Christmas for a short blog this week. I'm off to finish my Holiday shopping!

2 comments:

Michele-library204 said...

your blog reminded me... "blogging" itself is part of the futuristic element of libraries

khink said...

How true Diane.
From you blogging, I am reminded that we would or might soon reconnect in another class, more likely than not
Have fun with your shoppig.
See you soon