Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to School

Hello, everyone.

It's that time of year. Back to school for the kids. Back to school for me. I am taking another library science class - acquisitions. As of now, the class deals more with the office management side of working in a library - much easier to follow than my previous cataloging class. Cataloging is a hard job. Maybe I'm relating better to acquisitions because I'm already familiar with general office procedures. Time will tell.

On the writing front, my script Spike has been chosen with ten other scripts to receive the John Muir Gold Award in this year's Yosemite Film Fest Screenplay Competition. I thought it smart to enter a script pitting loggers against environmentalists to a festival held in pristine wilderness. And I'm glad for the recognition! The festival itself will be held in October.

I continue to work on scripts, both new and old. Am almost finished with a retooling of The Schoharie, and haven't given up on writing about Oliver Curtis Perry, the train robber who resides within the branches of my family tree. I have also been working on a script that deals with Conquistadors, Pirates, Born Again Christians and... a librarian.

That's enough about me... How about you?
Until next time...

No comments: