Friday, August 27, 2021

Book Review: Keyport Cthulhu, by Armand Rosamilia, Chuck Buda and Katilynn Rosamilia


For fans of Lovecraft inspired stories

Keyport CthulhuKeyport Cthulhu by Armand Rosamilia

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A nice little addition for anyone fond of Lovecraft inspired stories

This was a great read, especially for a .99 cent ebook. It’s a series of short stories about, as the title says, Cthulhu, if he resided off the coast of Keyport NJ. 

I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the homage. Each short story had its own tone, from children’s story (yes, you read that right) to steampunk, to something in the realm of hard boiled detective with a hint of Burroughs. 

I have to be honest, though and mention that I felt the main story (the meat of the collection and maybe long enough to be considered a novella) felt incomplete. I was hoping for a more solid end to that one before I was thrown into the next chapter, which wasn’t a chapter but a new short story.

As a whole, though this collection of Cthulhu inspired stories was a fun read. 

No comments: